Hey Foodie Fam!
Everyone around the world loves to hop into the trends these days, be it dancing trends, song trends, styling trends and why not try some foodie trends too?
Well, not to worry, this sweet and simple recipe will make you walk into this trends zone. Just as the last year when the whole of the internet drooled over Dalgona Coffee. Here, I came up with this super interesting recipe of Dalgona Cookies, which is in the trend due to a Netflix series named The Squid Game!
So, a big thanks to this series, and yes have you watched The Squid Game? No? Then what are you waiting for? Go and watch out!
* What are These Dalgona Cookies?
Dalgona Cookies is a sponge toffee or you can say a sugar candy which was and is very famous in Korea and now in everywhere around the globe. Dalgona basically means "it's sweet". It is also known as ppopgi which means to pick or select with respect to the designs one wants.
* History of Dalgona Cookies
This candy has its origin in South Korea during the Korean War in 1950. It has made when the people there could not afford the expensive candies. It is also known as honeycomb toffee.
* Ingredients Needed:-
2. Baking Soda
* Measurements for a single candy:-
1. Half Tablespoon of Sugar
2. About 2 to 3 small pinches of Baking Soda
* Equipment Required:-
1. Steel saucepan
2. Rubber Spatula
3. Non- Stick Baking Sheet
4. A bowl with a round and a smooth bottom to press the candy
5. Cookie Cutter
6. Lollipop Stick
* Note the Process:-
1. Take a steel saucepan and place it on the stove with medium or low flame and add sugar.
2. Let the sugar caramelize and then take the pan away from the flame and add baking soda.
3. Now place the pan again over the flame and keep mixing the baking soda with melted sugar, it will create a form-like appearance.
4. Cook it for a few more seconds and then pour it over the non-stick baking sheet and place a lollipop stick at the center of the spread.
5. Let it cool down for 15 to 20 seconds and then press a little to check if it sticks or not.
6. If it doesn't stick, flatten it to your desired thickness with the help of a bowl with a round bottom.
7. Then, give it a shape with your favorite cookie cutter and remove the edges.
8. And it's ready to hop.
9. Do not change Baking Soda with Baking Powder!
* Tips for Better Results:-
1. Before starting up, keep all the ingredients and types of equipment in one place.
2. Do not burn the sugar while cooking. Keep stirring it constantly to avoid overcooking.
3. Use a non-stick pan to pour the mixture after cooking.
4. It's important to let the mixture cool down for at least 15 to 20 seconds before pressing it.
5. You can store the candies in an airtight container for a few days in the fridge and for a few months in a freezer.
Now, what are you waiting for?
Make it at home and relive your childhood.
Stay Tuned for More Interesting Recipes!
Till then Take Good Care of Yourself!