Baking is true fun, isn't it? And, if you make me choose between cooked food over baked ones, my heart will always peep out for the bakery stuff, be it preparing it or digging into it.
So, I'm here again with a super excited and easy recipe by Chef Shivesh Bhatia
. He is one of those bakers who is a bliss for the home bakers and foodies all around. Why? Because he always comes up with such quick and innovative recipes that every one of us would tempt to have.
This recipe is of an Eggless Waffles Without Using The Waffle Maker! Yes, you heard it absolutely right. I know you must be wondering about how can anyone prepare waffles without their original equipment? Well, well, as I mentioned above Chef Shivesh believes in making the baking go extremely easy, so here he has used a griller in place of a waffle maker which is easy to handle and use. Right?
Come on now, let's see the Ingredients Needed:-
1. One and a half cups of Milk
2. 2 tablespoons of Lemon Juice
3. One-fourth cup + 2 tablespoons of Melted Butter
4. 1 tablespoon Vanilla
5. Two cups of All Purpose Flour OR Maida
6. 4 tablespoons of Baking Powder
7. 1 tablespoon of Cinnamon Powder
8. One-fourth cup of Sugar
9. 1/3 cup of Hot Water
Let's hop on to the Instructions to Bake:-
1. In a bowl, mix the milk and lemon juice and allow it to rest for at least 10 minutes to form buttermilk.
2. After the formation of buttermilk, add melted butter and vanilla into the same bowl and mix it well and then keep it aside.
3. Take another bowl and add flour, baking powder, cinnamon powder, and sugar and mix well.
4. Now, combine both the mixtures together.
5. Combine the mixture to form a thick mixture and make sure to add some hot water into it to form a perfect consistency.
6. Now, apply butter on the griller and allow it to heat a bit.
7. Then pour some of the batter and make it cook for about 5 minutes.
8. After 5 minutes turn the waffle on the other side to cook and have a nice grill pattern.
9. And, it's done. Easy, isn't it?
Plate it with any topping of your choice and come on dig it.
Tips and Tricks
1. Make sure you are using the milk at room temperature or warm milk.
DO NOT USE REFRIGERATED OR FRESH MILK!
2. It is important to give appropriate time for the buttermilk to form as lemon takes time in curdling which gives the dessert tenderness.
3. Mix every ingredient very well.
4. Strictly use 4 tablespoons of baking powder, as while preparing waffles in griller, it gives the perfect texture and taste.
5. Make sure the water that is used in the batter is extra hot.
6. Remember to grease the griller before using.
7. Cinnamon Powder is for taste, if you don't like its taste, either use it in a lesser quantity or you can even skip it.
Now, what are you waiting for?
Bake and Treat Yourself!
Stay Tuned for more Healthy and Easy Recipes.